Welcome To The Philharmonic Association
Support the future of the Philharmonic Association during our the 30th season with your donation
CANCELLED!: Friday, January 5, 2018 at 8pm
Triangle Youth Philharmonic Musicians With A Crowdsourced Chorus (Public Sing-Along)
Edenton Street Methodist Church in Raleigh, NC.
Annual Sing-In of Handel's The Messiah
Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7:30pm
Triangle Youth Jazz Band
Cary Arts Center Theatre
Free but a ticket required. Online free tickets now available through etix.
The mission of the Philharmonic Association (PA) is to provide an opportunity for young musicians to learn, understand, and perform all genres of great classical and jazz music; to provide professional training to promote the students' participation in and lifelong understanding and love of great classical and jazz music; and to increase family awareness and community interest in order to ensure continuing appreciation of, participation in, and financial support of these musical activities.
The Philharmonic Association (PA) provides opportunities to 4th through 12th grade musicians of various levels of proficiency.
- The Triangle Youth Philharmonic (TYP) is the most advanced full orchestra.
- The Triangle Youth Symphony (TYS) is for moderately advanced musicians.
- The Triangle Youth Orchestra (TYO) is for intermediate students with less orchestral experience.
- The Triangle Youth String Sinfonia (TYSS or "Sinfonia") and Triangle Youth String Orchestras (TYSO) allow string players to develop or focus on their ensemble skills.
- The PA also sponsors the award winning Triangle Youth Jazz Ensemble (TYJE), Triangle Youth Jazz Orchestra (TYJO), and Triangle Youth Jazz Band, (TYJB) for advanced middle and high school musicians interested in studying and performing the best of the big band jazz literature.
- Triangle Youth Jazz Lab (TYJL), is a non-auditioned group for young people interested in exploring jazz.
- Chamber Ensembles provide musicians with sufficient proficiency the opportunity to study and perform repertoire for string quartets or trios, woodwind quintets, or brass quintets.