Triangle Youth String Orchestra Assistant Conductor
Job Type: Part time, August – May
Application Process and Start Date:
Please send Resume to email@example.com Finalists, selected on the basis of resumes and possible phone interviews, will audition during a Triangle Youth String Orchestra rehearsal in September 2019, and begin immediately.
About TYSO: The Triangle Youth String Orchestra (TYSO) is a beginning string orchestra. TYSO musicians should have at least one year of instruction from a private or school orchestra teacher. There is no audition required to participate in TYSO.
Areas of Responsibility
- Attend weekly rehearsals to assist the TYSO Conductor at Cary Arts Center on Tuesdays from 6:15 – 8:00 pm
- Assist parent volunteers with set-up beginning Tuesdays at 5:45pm.
- Prepare all TYSO repertoire and conduct assigned pieces as needed
- Attend TYSO Concerts and conduct for these concerts, as requested by the TYSO Conductor.
- Listen to each individual musician with the TYSO Conductor at the beginning of the season.
- Rehearse string sectional rehearsals, as requested.
- Assist with appropriate music selection.
- Assist with music library duties: string bowing and fingering markings, music duplication, folder preparation, folder breakdown after each concert, and music filing in the Philharmonic Association library.
- Proficiency on violin or viola.
- Experience with beginning string students.
- Understanding of basic elements of conducting.