PA’s Got Talent – An Online FUNd-Raiser
As a musician in the PA, you are invited to submit a video of an unedited musical performance for this year’s FUNd-Raiser called PA’s Got Talent! (Due to health and safety precautions, this event will replace our annual Classics and Cuisine fundraiser which is usually held in the spring.) Create and submit a video of a musical performance which will be posted to the PA Website and YouTube Channel. Once all the submissions are posted, your family, friends and the community at large can vote for their favorite video! The video with the most votes will win a SPECIAL PRIZE!
Here’s what you need to do:
Put together a video of a musical performance that is between one and five minutes in length. We will have two categories for the competition: Primary Instruments (what you play/sing in a PA ensemble) and Non-Primary Instruments (any other musical talent you may have!) You can submit a video in one or both categories. Each category will have two age groups.
- Primary Instrument Younger musicians—grades 4 to 8
- Primary Instrument Older musicians—grades 9 to 12
- Non-primary Instrument Younger musicians—grades 4 to 8
- Non-primary Instrument Older musicians—grades 9 to 12
Here are the rules:
- Any type of musical performance can be submitted – instrumental or vocal. Funny or Serious. From any style or genre. And from any time period. We simply want you to share your musical talents!
- The recording must be a live performance – it cannot be edited in any way.
- All current members of any PA ensemble are invited to participate. You can have other non-PA musicians join you as well; however, the primary focus of the video must involve a student musician currently enrolled in the PA.
- The deadline for you to create and submit your videos to the PA is Monday, February 15 (President’s Day) at 5pm. We will send you the details about how to submit your videos online at a later date.
The PA will post all of the video submissions to its website and YouTube channel for everyone to view. We’ll let you know when all the videos are posted. You can then send the videos to your family and friends so they can watch all of the entries to vote for their favorite. Family, friends, and the community at large can vote simply by donating to the PA. The cost is $5 for one vote or $20 for 5 votes. Be sure to tell them they can even vote multiple times! The more they donate, the more votes they will give to their favorite videos.
We will announce the three videos from each category that receive the most votes in a Live-Stream Event on Saturday, March 20th at 3pm. During that live virtual event, we will have one final LIVE VOTE where the audience will select the top winner in each category. The person who submitted the winning video will receive a PRIZE!
Sounds like FUN, right? We hope it will be the best FUNd-Raiser we’ve had so make sure you participate. The details about the submission process will be sent out in the new year. In the meantime, start planning your performances NOW so you can share your musical talents and WOW everyone in the community! We’re excited to see what you come up with!