PA’s Got Talent – An Online FUNd-Raiser
As a musician in the PA, you are invited to submit a video of an unedited musical performance for this year’s FUNd-Raiser called PA’s Got Talent! (Due to health and safety precautions, this event will replace our annual Classics and Cuisine fundraiser which is usually held in the spring.) Create and submit a video of a musical performance which will be posted to the PA Website and YouTube Channel. Once all the submissions are posted, your family, friends and the community at large can vote for their favorite video! The video with the most votes will win a SPECIAL PRIZE!
Here’s what you need to do:
Put together a video of a musical performance that is between one and five minutes in length. We will have two categories for the competition and each category has two age groups (grades 4-8 and grades 9-12):
- LIVE/One take-this describes any performance created with one take (no edits)
- DIGITAL/edited-this describes any performance where music is somehow layered, edited, or digitally created
You can submit a video in one or both categories! (If you’re not sure where your entry lies, contact Sarah Whitney at email@example.com.)
Here are the rules:
- Any type of musical performance can be submitted – instrumental or vocal. Funny or Serious. From any style or genre. And from any time period. We simply want you to share your musical talents!
- All current members of any PA ensemble are invited to participate. You can have other non-PA musicians join you as well; however, the primary focus of the video must involve a student musician currently enrolled in the PA.
- The deadline for you to create and submit your videos to the PA is Monday, February 15 (President’s Day) at 5pm. To submit a video, please send it to Sarah Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. It can be in any format, as long as it can be accessed and eventually transferred to the PA’s YouTube channel.
The PA will post all of the video submissions to its website and YouTube channel for everyone to view. We’ll let you know when all the videos are available for viewing. You can then send the videos to your family and friends so they can watch all of the entries to vote for their favorite. Family, friends, and the community at large can vote simply by donating to the PA. The cost is $5 for one vote or $20 for 5 votes. Be sure to tell them they can even vote multiple times! The more they donate, the more votes they will give to their favorite videos.
We will announce the three videos from each category that receive the most votes in a Live-Stream Event on Friday, March 19 from 5-6 PM. During that live virtual event, we will have one final LIVE VOTE where the audience will select the top winner in each category. The Events Committee will also choose a winner that impressed them, but may not have raised the most money. The musicians who submitted the winning videos will receive a PRIZE! We hope you will join us with your favorite drink and/or snack to enjoy some trivia and awards ceremony for our top videos before kicking off your weekend! Please feel free to pass this date along to family and friends.
If you are not interested in participating in the competition portion of the event, we would love for you to send us any fun musical bloopers you have of your playing, or perhaps your favorite musical blooper video that you have seen online! We also encourage you to come to the event to cheer on your fellow musicians!
Parents, we would also love for you to send us any pictures of your children playing their instrument when they were younger!! We want to put together a cute montage of pictures of our younger PA musicians (and you’ll see some fun ones of our Artistic Staff and Administrative Staff as well!)
If you plan to send in a video, please fill out this quick and easy form by Friday, January 29th: https://forms.gle/pgAYoFDE4No9ucgL6. You do not need to know exactly what you are submitting–we just want a general idea of how many videos we will have in each category so that we can plan the most exciting event!
Sounds like FUN, right? We hope it will be the best FUNd-Raiser we’ve had so make sure you participate. We are excited to see what creative ideas our musicians come up with! Contact us with questions.