Full Orchestra Auditions 2022
Auditions for the 2022-23 season will take place on Friday, August 26th and Saturday, August 27th at Peace Church (1777 West Chatham St., Cary).
Musicians wishing to audition for two separate ensembles should make sure to indicate that on the registration form. They will attend two auditions, each with different requirements and a separate fee. Click here to apply for financial aid to cover the audition fee. Financial aid forms for tuition will be made available after auditions take place.
About Our Full Orchestras
The Philharmonic Association sponsors three levels of full orchestra for strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion musicians in grades 4 – 12.
- The Triangle Youth Philharmonic, our most advanced ensemble, has been the official youth orchestra of the North Carolina Symphony since 1993 and performs full-length concerts of professional level repertoire.
- The Triangle Youth Symphony annually performs two hour-long concerts of individual symphonic movements and other advanced-intermediate repertoire.
- The Triangle Youth Orchestra shares a concert evening with the Symphony and performs intermediate level arrangements of well-known classical pieces as well as original works composed for educational purposes.
Basic Audition Requirements for Full Orchestras
You may audition for up to two orchestras only
- Prepare a 2 or 3 octave scale of your choice
- Prepare the excerpts for your desired ensemble(s) (see below)
- Sightread a short piece during the audition
If you are auditioning for more than one orchestra, you MUST prepare the excerpt sheet for EACH ensemble that you are auditioning for. Click the links below to access the 2022 excerpts:
Triangle Youth Orchestra Excerpts
Triangle Youth Symphony Excerpts
Triangle Youth Philharmonic Excerpts
Audition fees may be paid by check or using Paypal at the time of registration. Click here to apply for financial aid to cover the audition fee. Financial aid forms for tuition will be made available after auditions take place.
Audition fees should be mailed to:
Philharmonic Association, Inc.
P. O. Box 782
Cary, North Carolina 27512-0782
Registrations are open until the auditions for your instrument have taken place. Placement into one of the Philharmonic Association full orchestras [TYP, TYS, or TYO] is at the discretion of the adjudicators. Their decisions are final and are not open for review.