On this page you will find information about positions that the Philharmonic Association is looking to fill.
Sinfonia Orchestra Conductor
Job Type: Part time, August – May
About Sinfonia: The Triangle Youth String Sinfonia is open to string musicians in grades 7 to 12 who are able to perform the Sinfonia Skill Sheet for their instrument at a proficient level. Musicians in Triangle Youth String Sinfonia enjoy being able to focus on string technique and develop skills that prepare them to audition for full orchestras. Triangle Youth String Sinfonia performances typically include arrangements of standard repertoire.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct weekly rehearsals on Thursday evenings at Cary Arts Center.
- Select repertoire with consultation and approval by the Artistic Director.
- Prepare music and folders prior to first rehearsals of each semester, return to library after each semester. Professional string bowings should be provided to each player.
- Work closely with parent volunteers and the Executive Director to assure smooth operations of the orchestra
- Provide weekly communications to musicians regarding rehearsals and expectations.
- Support the artistic vision and direction of the PA as defined by the Artistic Director, Artistic Staff, and/or the Board of Directors.
- Be responsive to musician and parent concerns, as needed.
View this PDF for the full job description.