Dress Rehearsal and Concert Information
Meymandi Hall address: 2 E. South Street, Raleigh, 27601. Stage door is off of Salisbury Street.
Dress Rehearsal Instructions
- 5:00 arrival and in seat by 5:15.
- Entrance is via the Stage Door (see the map link), the front doors are locked.
- Only musicians with large instruments (harp, bass, tuba) should pull into the parking lot behind the hall to unload or be picked up.
- Everyone else should park across Salisbury Street and walk to the Stage Door.
- Other than TYO volunteers, or parents assisting with large instruments, no other parents are allowed back stage.
- Put cases perpendicular on the shelves back stage. Only cello, bass, tuba, or harp cases should be on the floor. Do not block the office door.
- When Mr. Kohring instructs, go onstage. Rehearsal is from 5:30 – 6:45 pm.
- Parents may listen in the hall, but the lobby and lobby bathrooms are off limits. There are bathrooms in the dressing rooms in the basement we can use.
- After the rehearsal, musicians should be met by parents at the Stage Door.
- 5:30 arrival for 6 pm warmup on stage.
- Instructions pertaining to the parking lot usage, parents allowed backstage and cases above will apply.
- Parents can wait in the lobby until doors open at 6:30 pm.
- Please stay for the TYS concert at 8 pm. TYO musicians do not need a ticket. The TYO tickets is good for the TYS Concert.
- Leave music and folders in the boxes provided back stage.
only required for the concert, not dress rehearsal, and is as follows:
Boys: Black pants (no jeans), white shirt, long tie, black socks and black shoes. No jackets, tuxedos or bow ties.
Girls: White blouse with sleeves and ankle-length black skirt or full-cut dress pants. Alternately, ankle-length all-black dress with sleeves, or black blouse with sleeves and ankle-length black skirt or full-cut dress pants.
Tickets are on sale during the two rehearsals prior to the concert.
Tickets are general admission
Main Floor Adult $15
Main floor Senior (65 and up) $10
Main floor Child (all through 12h grade) $5
First balcony all ages $20
Philharmonic Association members are given a complimentary ticket to hear the TYO and TYS concerts.
Video and Audio Recordings
Professional recordings may be pre-ordered at the two rehearsals prior and at the concert. Audience members are not allowed to make personal recordings during the concert. DVDs are $20 and CDs are $10. Please support this effort so we can continue to make professional recordings.