Welcome To The Philharmonic Association
Our Spring Concerts are here! Our programs will inspire and delight. Bring some friends!
Triangle Youth Jazz Orchestra and Triangle Youth Jazz Ensemble
North Carolina History Museum
The Philharmonic Association is rolling out a new portal for parents and participants, hosted by Wikispaces. Feel free to take a sneak peek at our new wiki (screen shot shown left).
For now, please use the links below to go directly to the information you need before registering. Thank you!
Registration Now Open
TYJE Fundraiser In Progress
Triangle Youth Jazz Ensemble only has a few more days to meet their fundraising goals before leaving to participate in the Essentially Ellington 2017 competition. Your financial support today is appreciated!
The mission of the Philharmonic Association (PA) is to provide an opportunity for young musicians to learn, understand, and perform all genres of great classical and jazz music; to provide professional training to promote the students' participation in and lifelong understanding and love of great classical and jazz music; and to increase family awareness and community interest in order to ensure continuing appreciation of, participation in, and financial support of these musical activities.
The Philharmonic Association (PA) provides opportunities to 4th through 12th grade musicians of various levels of proficiency.
- The Triangle Youth Philharmonic (TYP) is the most advanced full orchestra.
- The Triangle Youth Symphony (TYS) is for moderately advanced musicians.
- The Triangle Youth Orchestra (TYO) is for intermediate students with less orchestral experience.
- The Triangle Youth String Sinfonia (TYSS or "Sinfonia") and Triangle Youth String Orchestras (TYSO) in Raleigh and Cary allow string players to develop or focus on their ensemble skills.
- The PA also sponsors the Triangle Youth Jazz Ensemble (TYJE), Triangle Youth Jazz Orchestra (TYJO), and Triangle Youth Jazz Band, (TYJB) for advanced middle and high school musicians interested in studying and performing the best of the big band jazz literature.
- Triangle Youth Jazz Lab (TYJL), is a non-auditioned group for young people interested in exploring jazz.
- Chamber Ensembles provide musicians with sufficient proficiency the opportunity to study and perform repertoire for string quartets, woodwind quintets, or brass quintets.